Procedures for Requesting Lab Space and Approval
Complete and Pass Your E-osh
Before answering, make sure you log in using your UMT EMAIL ACCOUNT only.
You are encouraged to answer questions using a LAPTOP/PC to avoid any technical issues. However, if you fail, please try again after 12.00 pm the next day OR choose another set of questions to answer.
Please contact Centre of Research and Field Service (CRAFT) for more
Approval Process for laboratory Access: COSHH Form and Membership Form
Download Form Here
Send Completed Form to Science Officer in Charge
Obtaining lab Safety Passport: One-Time Online Registration and Entry Requirements
Activation of Student Card for Lab: Required Form Submission
RULES AND REGULATION
Please note that the institution addresses the issues of Laboratory safety very seriously. Students will not be allowed to conduct any experiments if the rules and regulations are not obeyed at any given time.
- All students, must register 7 days before start lab work
- Do not eat, drink or smoke in the laboratory.
- Report all accidents, breakages (major or minor) to the Lab Officer as soon as possible
- Label all items clearly, including name, date and contents.
- All lab users MUST familiarize themselves with the emergency procedures in the laboratory. If in doubt ask the Lab Officers for guidance.
- All lab users, prior to commencing work, must be properly attired, and lab coats and covered shoes MUST be worn at all times when working in the laboratory.
- All lab users are required to have a log book for the management of (lending/borrowing/utilizing) equipment/s and other services.
- The institution will NOT be responsible for any damages/losses of the stored samples within the laboratory.
- Lab users shall not be accompanied by non-registered members at any given time.
- Lab users are required to acknowledge the Institution of where the actual experiment was carried out in all form of publications (please refer to the lab officers for further details).
These rules will be enforced on a DAILY basis by Lab Officers and staff. Non-conformance WILL result in penalties to the student and, if necessary, more serious disciplinary procedures.