When UMT was established?
Institute of Marine Biotechnology (IMB) was established internally beginning June 15, 2006 (Senate 1/47/2006) and was officially endorsed by the Mesyuarat Jawatankuasa Pendidikan Tinggi Bil. 4/2008 starting February 26 2008.
Where is IMB?
Institute of Marine Biotechnology (IMB) is UMT initiative in the area of marine biotechnology research for Malaysia. IMB’s establishment is in line with the country’s effort to develop biotechnology as one of the core sectors to generate economic growth in the era of K-economic. Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT) which located about 20 km north of Kuala Terengganu at the east coast of peninsular Malaysia is leading public university with its niche in the areas of oceanography and marine sciences.
What is IMB’s objective to accomplish its vision and mission?
To accomplish its vision and mission, IMB will strive to:
- To provide state of art facilities for research in the field of marine biotechnology at UMT.
- To promote cooperation among scientist and researcher at UMT
- To promote the development of new knowledge and technology in marine biotechnology.
- To established research link or cooperation with other local and foreign research centre.
- To embark the commercialization of the products from research activities.
- To develop entrepreneurship among scientist.
What is IBM’s Vision and mission?
Mission, spearheading the exploration of new resources through sustainable management by merging expertise and advance biotechnology application. Vision, A Research institute and reference center for marine biotechnology, reputed nationally and repected globally
What is programs that available at IMB?
There are three programs that available at IMB,
- Natural and synthetic products
- Applications of marine resources
- Immune and molecular therapeutics
What is the facilities available at IMB?
There are 7 laboratories available at IMB to accomplish its objectives.
- Genomic And Proteomic
- Natural Product
- Animal Cell culture
- Plant Tissue Culture
- Bio-Toxico Analysis
- Animal House and Autopsy
There are also some high end equipment to support IMB
- AKTA AVENT Protein Purification
- Animal House System
Who is person to contact if I want to deal with IMB?
INSTITUTE OF MARINE BIOTECHNOLOGY
UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA TERENGGANU
21030 KUALA TERENGGANU
PHONE : 09-6683603/3675/3679/3680
FAX : 09-66833105